It’s difficult to see the door in this little building, with all that glass, but it’s been there a long time. It’s a signal box, no longer in use, that was relocated to Dundalk’s Clarke Station from further along the line. The station was built to replace the one designed c. 1845 by Sir John McNeil. The ticket office and modern waiting area are located at road level, but the station itself is beneath this at track level. The two sections are connected by a Victorian style covered walkway, and a 21st-century lift for disabled access. The station is noted for its fine iron, glass, and polychrome brickwork and is one of the nicest to be seen on the Dublin-Belfast line.
In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Door.”